Friday, October 9, 2009

Dear Mom: A week ago I found a lump and went to doctors to have it

Dear Mom: A week ago I found a lump and went to doctors to have it checked out. Asuspicion I should not be all that worried, but I would not write off medical either.The only seems all that worried, but he sent me for a mammogram and an ultrasound anyway. He explained that was probably the fibroid tissue, but given the history of our family, wanted me anyway.Of posted on the course I became sick with worry, although the doctor told me that probably nothing. Everyone else I told about the tests, it offered condolences, but I do not think anything could change how worried she is every time I go to one of these tests. Apart from my fear of cancer, I have always feared the dreaded mammogram. People always talk about how terrible they are and how much it hurts, so it was not exactly excited to go in and get squished.Today went for tests and was a wonderful experience. Wonderful, because the doctor was right. I have cystic fibrosis and dense tissue that appears probably just due to age or birth control. The ultrasound technology was very nice and talked me through it all. She showed me the quot; bultoquot; on the screen and what seemed then showed me what would be like a mass or tumor. She assured me that I did the right to enter and it did feel like I'm paranoid to be concerned about mammography it.the itself was not painful at all. Obviously, it was not the most comfortable experience I've had, but the label is not terrible, nor will I tell anyone that hurt.When entered radiology physician discussed his history and spoke of the genetic test, a choice of several OB have pushed down my throat when they hear his story. He explained that even had known what genetic test was because he died a few years before becoming the new thing. If there were, might have had to do to be able to determine if your cancer was genetic or not. Otherwise, he explained, although I was positive that everything is determined to have a more radical approach to my test cycle, they will do anyway, given its history.I think the best part of the whole experience is that the patient's physician and understanding. She listened and did not write about my concerns. She suggested me to undergo genetic tests, however, explained more about what is and what is recommended in some situations. She immediately showed me that the tissue there was nothing to worry about, but should not cancel any future changes as the fibroid tissue or cysts.I am amazed at how much has changed since he died. Every day is not only closer to finding a cure, but people are becoming more educated and testing options are becoming easier and accurate.I am very relieved that it's nothing, but I am so grateful to have had the experience.I I love you, Mom.Your daughter, Deborah br br